The water and sewer mains are underground and unless you spot a hydrant have a tendency to be forgotten. There are water service lines and sewer laterals running from the mains – through each yard – to every home. These lines may be closer to the surface than you think.
Call 811 (Pa One Call) prior to digging.
- The Borough has the responsibility to mark from the main to the curb box.
- The responsibility to the home, falls on the homeowner.
Remember, there are a lot of other service providers who have their lines buried.
The Cornwall Borough Water & Sewer Dept does require a permit prior to the digging of a well.
- The law requires residents to use the public water system for domestic use if available.
- Wells drilled for the purpose of Geo-thermal heat are permitted.
- Well locations must be tracked per Department of Environmental Protection (DEP).
- Well Permit & Registration Form
Please remember to call 811 (Pa One Call System) prior to any dig.